Is this update available on Steam as well?
ようこそ to The Hayseed Knight 1.6!
Welcome, everyone, to The Hayseed Knight v 1.6!
It's been a long time of radio silence (longer yet if you don't follow me on twitter or patreon), trying to find time to work little by little on a million different bits and pieces - all while fighting my failing health.
This update is the product of a year and a half of work, and it is a TON! Even though the full version is only available on Steam at the moment, I really want you to know the game has never looked or sounded as amazing as it does now.
1.6 is a huge update that brings:
- New designs for every other character, and makeovers for the rest! I wanted their sprites to shine. No more crusty old raggy "Merchant" - it's Mr. Pertok, now!
- Updated CGs to reflect the changes!
- 100% revamped GUI! And if you preferred the slightly clunky, more legible version, you can go back to it in the Accessibility Menu!
- New original music tracks, courtesy of Emilio Villalba - a historic musician!
- All new encyclopaedia entries! No more asking me who's Djao, YOU CAN JUST GO READ THAT NOW!
- SFX. That's it. Things make noise now.
- An all new Japanese translation for this demo, courtesy of Shion Otsuka!
- Content Warnings for the game at large and the diary, specifically!
- More quality of life improvements I'm forgetting!
- Rewritten stuff here and there!
- God that's a lot
To sum it up: v 1.6 will lay the groundwork for chapter 4, hopefully arriving in December 2022!
(At the time of writing, that's six months of extreme hopefulness. For reference, I had to delay this update two weeks because I got kidney stones right as I was about to release :,) )
I hope you're all as excited about what's next in store for Ader, Sep, Eina and the crew as I am! I'll continue bringing you my A game every time to give you the best story I can.
I hope you have a wonderful day! See you soon!