The story of the great Knight of the Upperfield! The bravest! The most handsome! The… yeah no.
The Hayseed Knight is a plot driven fantasy comedy visual novel created by a single person (yo!) that follows the adventures of Ader, the one eyed deer, while he desperately tries to stay on track to fulfill his dream: becoming a knight!
But he's a peasant... and pretty damn poor at that! That's not going to stop him, is it?
...WELL, it kinda is. Dreams aren't edible after all.
On a meta sense, the player is The Narrator, a character hellbent on finding out what truly happened to Ader and his friends, who are little more than legendary characters at this point.
- Fully and lovingly voice acted!
- Gorgeous, animated sprites!
- Meet adorable, unique characters!
- A detailed encyclopedia for people who love worldbuilding!
- Completely safe for work. Yes really. PG 13. Please, stop asking. Please.
- COMPLETELY FREE. Like the wind.
This is still very much in development, so anything is subject to change in future versions! If you want to help me develop this game, there's a patreon and any contribution is really appreciated!
Keep up with development on twitter!
-Streams and Let's Plays are really appreciated! I'd love to watch yours and share it!
-Please, do not redistribute.
Current Known Issues:
-The new encyclopaedia is ugly. That's not a bug, that's a fact. But it's also somewhat buggy. I'm having a hard time dealing with the UI right now, so you get a functional, yet incomplete encyclopaedia.
-Rolling back on a "new entry" dialogue interaction (ie "Eina added!") while playing may duplicate said Encyclopaedia entry. I have -5 idea of how to fix this so beware or you may end up with 4 entries for Gyof.
-So, that new CG gallery with a nice enough UI doesn't quite work very well! I didn't manage to turn the full images into viewports so some work as intended, some don't... it KIND of works overall! (SORRY)
-Audio levels may be a bit off occasionally.
-No battle system yet. I'M SORRY. ONE DAY. ONE~ DAY~
-Chapter 2 fails to have the new CLICK A WORD TO ACCESS ITS ENCYCLOPAEDIA ENTRY function because I've been making this update for 5 months now and I'm dead. But SOON.
Once downloaded, simply extract and click the .exe file.
VOILÀ, YOU'RE READY TO PLAY.
Should be as simple as double clicking!
Linux (Thanks, IndieAiden!):
1) Download the files
2) Extract your files in some folder. Remember the place where you extracted them. You can do this mannually or with the "unzip" command before step 4.
3) Open your console. Write "cmd" on the search bar on the Menu.
4) Now go to the place you have in mind. Where the file is. You can do this using "ls" to see where you are and "cd /writeheretheplace" to move between directorys.
5) Then type chmod +x name_of_file.sh to make the file an executable
6) And finally type sh ./name_of_file.sh to execute it
And that's it!! :D everytime you want to run the game just go 3, 4 and then 7